Thursday, November 22, 2007

Am I thankful?

Here's the test: do I follow these 3 short verses not just on the day Americans have labeled Thanksgiving, but EVERY day?

1 Thessalonains 5:16-18 "16(AJ)Rejoice always; (AK)pray without ceasing; in everything (AL)give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus " (NASB).

My continual thankfulness for EVERYTHING, of which some I may perceive as good and some bad, is my indicator of my love for and trust in God.

More than that, GOD's WILL for me is that I: rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and give thanks in everything. Hmmm seems I've just given myself a lot to think about . . .

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stephanie Chausse said...

Hope you are enjoying be thankful in New Hampshire, though I still want to say Vermont :)

Kathryn said...

Thankfully, we were in Vermont, not New Hampshire, since that's where my sister lives!

Stephanie Chausse said...

So I was correct in the first place and I lost my gerund on my comment, which apparently I cannot correct--I was exhaustedly thankful--At least I didn't say: Hope your having a nice time and drive safe on you're way home.

Kathryn said...

We're back home -- we made it safely. I didn't even notice the awkward gerund in the comment. I'm just coming out of my food coma.