Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Learnin' from Bruce Almighty

Two days ago, I watched Bruce Almighty again. It's one of my favorite movies.

But what struck me most this last time I watched it was the ending. The homeless guy to the right is holding a sign that says something like "Amageddon outta here" and he slowly morphs into Morgan Freeman who is playing G-d. Such a simple scene, such a beautiful truth: we should see G-d in everyone we encounter. I know this but I have a hard time remembering...

So yesterday morning, I was talking to a guy at work that had been out with an injury for two weeks...and I wasn't thinking about Bruce Almighty but my mind did that morph thing and I knew that for that second, I was looking into the eyes of G-d and it rattled me. It's good to be rattled!

G-d speaks through the craziest things. Actually He really speaks through EVERYTHING, if we listen...

This is the funniest scene in the movie...

No comments: